Who is the course for?
Those wishing to work or currently working in the agricultural, horticulture, arboricultural, landscaping and grounds maintenance industries, or those using clearing saws for business, domestic or leisure activities. Any person employed or those wishing to work in who is or will be required to operate Brushcutters/trimmers.
The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 require employers to provide adequate training and to ensure that equipment is operated only by employees who have received appropriate training in their safe use.
These courses aim to establish that the delegates have the relevant knowledge and understanding as well as the appropriate skill required for the competent safe use of a Brushcutter or trimmer.
One or two-day training and assessment course for a maximum of six people.
• Maintenance (engine, drive system and gear head)
• Selecting the appropriate cutting head
• Maintaining and fitting the cutting head
• Correct personal protective clothing
• Adjusting the machine and harness
• Inspecting the site and identifying hazards
• Environmental considerations
• Starting the machine
• Cutting a test area
• After-care and safe transportation.