Latest From HBS Ring Newsdesk
09 November 2016Rural Protect Insurance
Rural Protect Insurance
The financial and legal risks facing the rural community have never been greater. Customers, employees and suppliers are increasingly willing and able to make claims, and investigations by UK regulators including the HSE, Environment Agency and HMRC are more robust and commonplace than ever before.
Finding a bespoke type of management liability insurance specifically designed to protect the interests of the farming and rural community has been a challenge for many businesses, until now.
Bespoke rural insurance for you and your farm business
This bespoke product provides cover for both the business and personal liability of the owner, partner or director in the event of an allegation or investigation. The policy provides cover for the legal representation costs plus any award made and is tailored to reflect the specific risks and particular circumstances faced by farmers and rural business owners and managers.
Rural insurance for farm partnerships and sole traders
Whilst protection for Directors of Limited companies has been available for many years, this unique product will also cover Farm Partnerships and Sole Traders in addition to Directors meaning that all types of farming and rural businesses can be protected against the increasing litigation and regulation they face.
A specialist type of rural insurance
Key features of this specialist type of Management Liability include:
- Legal Costs, Awards or Settlements for any claim or regulatory action brought against any past, present or future director, partner, owner or employee
- Covers all regulators in the UK
- Standard cover includes Company cover – claims made against the business as opposed to an individual
- Does not contain a “prospect of success” clause unlike Legal Expenses
- Investigation and defence costs are covered, plus awards
- Access to rradar – a specialist law firm providing a risk management service to underpin your insurance policy.
To find out more about liability insurance for farmers or for a free quotation, contact the dedicated Rural Protect insurance team at H&H Insurance Brokers on 01228 406290 or email us with your query
Our promise to you
By choosing H&H Insurance Brokers to arrange your insurance we want you to know that you will receive the following levels of service:
- A dedicated point of contact (with an average over 12 years of experience) to manage your insurances
- A named point of contact in the office to handle your day-to-day enquiries
- The team handling your insurances will be experienced, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable
- You have access to the insurance market and our relationships with major insurers and underwriters will ensure the ‘right’ insurances for you
- We will review your insurances annually to ensure that they continue to meet your requirements
- You will enjoy the benefit of working with a customer focused team who will listen to you, and work with you to provide bespoke solutions for your insurance needs
- You have the security of dealing with a company authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Contact us for your Rural Protect insurance. Call 01228 406 290
25 July 2016Training Courses - Available Places 2017
Emergency First Aid at Work
Date: Tuesday 15th August
Cost: £85 + VAT
Chainsaw, Maintenance & Cross Cutting (2 Day Lantra Intergrated Training & Assessment)
Date: July/August dates available
Venue: FC Site, Contin
Cost: £205 + Vat Per Person
Trailer Train B+E
Venue: Wick or Inverness
Date: Tuesday 8th August
Venue: HBS, Tore
Date: Wednesday 9th August & Friday 11th August
Venue: HBS, Tore
Date: Thursday 10th August
Venue: Tore area
Tele Forklift Train
Training Date: Various
Costs: £190 + VAT pp
Venue: Black Isle
Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance, Cross-cutting, Felling & Processing Small Trees upto 380mm (Commonly/Previously referred to as CS30/31)
Training Date: W/C 31st July
Assessment Date: TBC
Cost: approximately £450 + VAT for training. NPTC Assessment Cost: £250 (no VAT)
Transport of Animals for Short Journeys
The Welfare in Transport department at Animal Health Agency have recently sent out notification to farmers advising that Type 1 Transporter Authorisations are due to expire.
Authorisations will not be renewed automatically, so you will need to complete and return a renewal authorisation application form which will be included in the letter received from Animal Health. As part of the renewal process a current certificate of competence in the transportation of livestock is a requirement.
If you already hold a certificate of competence for the category of livestock being transported then there is no requirement to retake the certificate but simply to include the certificate of competence number within the renewal form. However, if you do not hold the required certificate of competence then you will need to achieve this before submitting your authorisation application form.
Please contact Lynne if you require your certificate of competence number or to book a test. The test takes the form of an online computer based multiple choice assessment and can take place here at HBS.
If you wish to book any places or if you have any other training queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
27 July 2015Wood Pellets for Biomass Boilers
We now supply Bulk and Bagged Wood pellets for Biomass Boilers.
We can deliver bags and our bulk supply is in a small 4 wheel lorry with a 3 tonne minimum drop.
Click below for full details ...