Business Development Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Discipline: Agriculture, Farming, Services Cooperative, Sales
Job type: Permanent
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 depending on experience
Contact name: Sam Cribb
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job ref: HBSBDM21
The Sector: Agricultural, Farm supplies, Member trading services and sales.
The Job Role:
This is a rewarding customer and supplier relationship management role pivotal to the operational success of our business. As Business Development Manager, you will be a confident self starter, with experience in agricultural/farming and sales environment. You will line manage and motivate the member services team and be responsible for developing and driving member to member trading activity and commodity sales. Working with the Managing Director you will assist with development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies to deliver business growth in this area.
- Line manage the member services team, being a positive support and role model.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers and suppliers.
- Prospect and secure new members, suppliers and products lines.
- Negotiate and set prices that deliver margins to achieve/exceed company targets.
- Keep customers informed of products and services.
- Co-ordinate and implement sales promotional programmes and attend agricultural trade events.
- Report monthly performance.
- Keep up to date with sector news and developments.
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
You will have / be;
Agricultural/Farming Sector Experience: demonstrate relevant experience in agricultural sales or similar.
Results-driven and Sales-oriented people person; keep track of goals and performance and effectively manage positive relationships.
People Management: be able to motivate direct reports to reach goals and effectively train, encourage and reward team members for their achievements.
Confident Negotiator and Commercially Astute: able to negotiate best price, calculate appropriate margins and be aware of costs and overheads when setting prices.
Customer Service Experience: able to deliver and promote customer service excellence.
Organisation Skills: effectively manage your own and delegate tasks to team members.
Communication Skills: able to effectively communicate all aspects of the operation at all levels.
THE POST REQUIRE:
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Full UK driving license is essential.
HOW TO APPLY: email your CV and covering letter to; Sam Cribb email@example.com quoting job ref: HBSBDM21.