Come Join Our team
Thank you for showing an interest in joining our team.
Supporting our membership with the aim of sustaining our local agricultural and rural communities is at the heart of everything we do and having a team of talented people, who provide the best customer service, professionalism and integrity is paramount. If you want to add value through your work, then we look forward to discovering what you can bring to us. In return you can expect a supportive and friendly team environment.
Highland Business Services Ring Ltd (HBS Ring Ltd) is an Inverness-based member owned co-operative which has been trading for over 30 years. Operating as a Machinery Ring it has adapted over the years and also provides a wide range of goods and services and training provision for an extended client base in communities across the Highlands and Argyll. This is mainly, but not exclusively, to farming communities and other land-based industries but also to a growing number of domestic customers.
The successful candidate will look to lead, manage and advance the operations of HBS Ring and HALS Limited providing the membership with an exceptional service and a range of products and services that promote sustained growth. Ensure the business remains financially secure by managing risk and ensure that all internal processes are robust and fit for purpose. Identify opportunities and take innovative steps to ensure that the co-operative is progressive and adapts to the rapidly changing climate.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- To manage and direct the work and resources of HBS Ring and HALS Ltd.
- Work with the Board of Directors, developing/reviewing a strategy that focuses on growth and sustainability and the benefits of co-operation.
- Identify potential commercial areas of growth with the aim of increasing our offer to current members and attracting new members.
- To ensure that both businesses work as financially efficiently as possible.
- Manage and ensure that all business systems are effective and that databases are regularly updated and that all interfaces with members are effective and responsive.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual report and accounts for presentation to the business members at its AGM.
- To promote the Business (HBS Ring Ltd and HALS Ltd) to the membership and wider community, ensuring regular communication with the membership.
- To manage and develop the internal team, ensuring that best practices are maintained regarding team working, inclusion, staff review, feedback and training.
- To ensure that the companies comply with all current Health and Safety regulations to maintain a safe workplace and are GDBR and audit compliant.
- To ensure that complaints are handled quickly and efficiently.
The successful candidate will be a reliable and driven individual; displaying confident leadership with a clear ability to communicate to those living and working in the rural environment. They should have a good awareness of the issues the industry is currently facing, with the ability to build business resilience
- Knowledge and experience of people management.
- Demonstrable capability of financial management including budget preparation and business planning.
- Demonstrable commercial and strategic acumen.
- Proven leadership skills, preferably with knowledge of working with a Board.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, ideally with negotiation or sales experience but not essential.
- Knowledge of the Agricultural Sector.
To apply for the position, please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com