Member service assistant
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Job title: Member Services Assistant
Reporting to: Line Manager and Managing Director
Member Services Assistant
Full time post: 40 hours p/w Mon-Fri
Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
How to apply: Apply in the first instance with your CV and a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is 12:00 noon Wednesday 7th April 2021
The Role: This is a customer and supplier facing role which is pivotal to the ongoing success of our business. You will provide a professional service to the members and customers of HBS Ring Ltd, effectively dealing with enquiries and assisting with the management of our on-site store.
We are looking for someone who is keen to develop their career in the agricultural / land-based service sector. The ideal applicant will:
- Ideally have knowledge of or experience in the agricultural /land-based sector.
- Enjoy dealing with people.
- Always look to provide the best customer service. In return you can expect the opportunity for training and further development.
The post will require:
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Full UK driving license is essential.
- Valid Forklift and Trailer license preferred, or willingness to obtain.
Summary of job:
This is a customer and supplier facing role which is pivotal to the ongoing success of
our business. You will provide a professional service to the customers of HBS Ring
Ltd, effectively dealing with enquiries, perform deliveries and assist with the
management of our on-site store.
- Receive and process Member requests / enquiries e.g., fuel orders and core
- Communicate by telephone, email and face to face with the customers to receive
and process requests and orders.
- • Securing new business and raising the awareness of the business within the
Highlands and HBS Ring area.
- Update relevant office databases with orders, new Member details, new
assignments, changes to client details etc.
- Acquire new Members using proactive methods e.g. telephone, email, visits etc.
to ensure that annual / monthly targets are met.
- Source new suppliers to continue to expand the services we offer to our
- Promote the Business (HBS Ring and HALS Ltd) to the membership and wider
community ensuring member visits are made, agricultural gatherings are
- Carry out customer deliveries.
Assist with the management of the on-site store including:
- Receive, unload, and shelve supplies.
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report those to accounting for
reimbursements and record keeping.
- Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the store.
- Perform other stock-related duties, including returns, packing, and labelling.
- Rotate stock and coordinate disposal of surplus (if required).
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm
proper stock levels and maintain inventory control.
|Skills & Abilities||
||Related Degree or other related professional qualification|
||Valid Forklift and Trailer license preferred, or willingness to obtain.|