ABOUT HBS RING
Who are we?
HBS Ring Ltd is a member owned cooperative operating in the Highlands for more than 30 years. We exist to serve our members providing products and services that meet the needs of a broad base of local farmers, crofters, business, and domestic customers.
The Ring concept is simple. Work required of a demander is organised by the Ring, which contacts the most appropriate and nearest supplier. Once the work is completed, we arrange payment from the demander through to the supplier via our billing system, whilst charging a modest commission to cover our overheads.
HALS Ltd is a subsidiary company of HBS, whereby the Ring acts as an agent only. Commodities, training courses and non-member to member activities are invoiced through HALS Ltd.
Why work with us?
Our members, customers and local communities are at the heart of everything we stand for. We strive to deliver the best customer service and work to provide economic, social and environmental benefit.
- Achieve savings on products from the buying and sourcing on a bigger scale than that achieved by an individual business.
- Improve productivity and efficiency by letting us take the administrative burden. One direct debit account with HBS reduces the number of bills that you deal with, saving you time and money.
- Helping you to manage risk in volatile markets and uncertain times.
- Placing product and service business through HBS keeps spending local to the Highlands and helps to keep markets honest and competitive. In turn this helps our local farming and rural communities to survive and thrive.
- HBS is a local not for profit business providing local jobs for local people.
- Promoting collaboration between local businesses.
- A focus on collective purchasing and local sourcing improves the carbon footprint of individual businesses.
- Provide access to businesses delivering advice and support to address ‘green’ agenda matters.
MEET THE TEAM
Having a team of talented people, who bring knowledge and professionalism to our business is paramount in delivering the best service to the members and customers of HBS Ring and HALS Ltd.
Anne MacDonald Rae
HBS Vice Chair
Appointed by the Board of Directors in 2021, Sam has more than 20 years business and people management experience. Sam’s primary role is to work in the best interests of the membership, directing and controlling the operations of HBS Ring and HALS Ltd and to work with the Board of Directors, to develop, implement and review business strategy.
With a wealth of agricultural experience, knowledge and contacts, the member services team is responsible for arranging member to member activities and the sourcing and sales of supplies direct to farm and through our on-site store.
Member Services Manager
Member Services Assistant Manager
Member Services Assistant
Animal Medicine Advisor
Sue is responsible for delivering Training events as well as individual courses and assessments to ensure both you and your staff stay safe and operate within current legislation.
Customer Services Manager
Miriam is responsible for dealing with general customer enquiries, utilities customers and providing system and process support to the team.
Jean is responsible for our business accounts’ management as well as the processing of member payments and invoicing.
CONTACT THE TEAM
Submit a quick enquiry form to contact the HBS team and we’ll be in touch soon.
About Us - Enquiry Form
5% off net price (NEW)
£4500 OFF NEW PURCHASE *DISCOUNT DEPENDS ON SPEC CHOSEN
Please call Alan on 01463 811603 for the best deal on this vehicle.
£4,000 off new purchase - *Discount depends on spec chosen
Please call Alan on 01463 811603 for the best deal on this vehicle
L200 SERIES 6
15% off new price. Please call Alan on 01463 811603 for the best deal on this vehicle
Become a member today
Complete this contact form to receive membership information.